Is selecting a morning interview time slot better than an afternoon one?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual and the specific situation.
Pros to pick a morning interview time slot
Some people believe that morning interview time slots are better because employers are more likely to be fresh and open-minded at the start of the day.
Pros to pick an afternoon interview time slot
However, others believe that afternoon time slots are ideal because employers are more likely to be in a good mood after lunch and may have already made decisions about who they want to hire earlier in the day.
Comparing between morning & afternoon interview slots:
It is better to select a morning interview time slot because:
- You will be more alert in the morning and can think more clearly;
- The interviewer will likely have more energy in the morning as well;
- Morning interviews allow you to get the interview over with so that you don't have to spend your entire day worrying about it;
- Afternoon interviews can sometimes interfere with plans for the rest of the interviewer's day, whereas a morning interview leaves the rest of their day open;
- You may come across as rushed if you try to schedule an afternoon interview too close to lunchtime or knock off time.
Ultimately, it is up to the individual job seeker to decide which time slot would work best for them.