What should you not do during your notice period?
Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you've handed in your notice, you can do whatever you like. Find out what not to do during your notice period.
During your notice period, it's important to continue to perform your job duties to the best of your ability and to maintain a positive and professional attitude.
You should also make sure to communicate openly and honestly with your employer and to provide them with as much notice as possible if you will be unable to fulfill any of your responsibilities.
List of things employees should not do while serving notice
Here are several things you should not do during your notice period:
- Do not start looking for a new job or accept a job offer without discussing it with your current employer.
- Do not neglect your current responsibilities or fail to complete any outstanding tasks.
- Do not badmouth your employer or colleagues to other employees or clients.
- Do not take company property or confidential information with you without permission.
- Do not engage in any illegal or unethical activities.
- Do not try to sabotage the company or its operations in any way.
- Do not violate any of the terms of your employment contract or company policies.