Why do people quit after they get their annual bonus?
As bonus season approaches, learn why so many people choose to quit their jobs shortly after receiving their annual bonus.
People quit after they get their annual bonus because:
- They feel like they have enough money and don't need to work anymore.
- They are unhappy with their job or working conditions and the bonus is just a way to tide them over until they find something new.
- They receive a better offer from another company and use the bonus as severance pay.
- The amount of the bonus is less than they expected and feels like an insult.
- They are planning to retire anyway and the bonus gives them the push they need to finally leave their job.